Ampeg V4.com

forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-25 00:57:27

smitty02

1964 reverberocket Trem Photoresistor value???

I have a work in progress reconditioning a 1964 reverberocket. I got a new cap can from fliptop, that gave her a heart beat again put a 1969 c12r in it This seems to be a odd model I dont see much info out there on the web. It has 3 12ax7's and 1 12au7 in v2 with 7591 power tubes, as i said i got it working again god only knows how long its been since it last made a peep seems real bright with the c12r and breaks up early not a bad breakup real nice sensative attack great harmonics My burning question is I took the trem apart, metal tube with a ge ne16 neon bulb how ever the photoresistor had a broken leg It had numbers on it but i dropped it before i could read it. Does ANYBODY know the replacement ?? # I ordered the reverb, its on the way now, pan was broken. I want to replace the trem with the original if I can find the right photoresistor I have a R12R M model, fliptop want 35 bucks for a replacement, however i would love to fix the original. the photoresistor was encased in glass.with blue writing on it..Anybody got any info I would name my next child after you if you can get me the right replacement number..smile  Its pots date it to 1964 but the serial number puts it at 1965  ?? I am loving this amp and am looking forward to restoring it after i get the reverb and trem worked out then i plan on caps where needed. All voltages seem to be darn close to spec The schematic is pretty readable. then i plan on reglueing the tolex and getting some new knobs and then maybe a new speaker I fell in love with this amp and want to gig with it but i know I need to get her right first..Tm-1 module will work i was told but I want to fix this one hopefully with your help  thanks all.

Live Laugh Love Rock

Board footer