Ampeg V4.com

forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-16 09:01:35

ROBO
V.I.P.
Website

Spam posting

This is a great forum and I have learned alot from reading new and old post and searching through the archives. This was the first place I came when my V4 started crapping out and I had not much choice but to fix it myself.
Hangman the moderator here is an awesome guy and he has helped and answered several of my questions during my time posting here.

I really sucks to see all these scam spam threads popping up and using his servers bandwidth. No one here is going to go through any of those links and buy any of the crap they are advertising, I have noticed this site running very slow in the past few months and I am sure its due to all the spam traffic.

these people repeatedly make new user names and post in all the sub forums just to waste time, it really needs to stop. I have noticed a lack of new threads and interest on these boards and its a shame there are a lot smart talented people who post here and there is good information to be shared, this should not be a spam board.

TAKE THAT GARBAGE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Less talk, More rock

#2 2014-08-22 13:32:40

b0ne
Administrator

Re: Spam posting

Just a heads up... I did a major database flush of all of the spam postings and spam user accounts. I shut down the auto registration so that nobody should be able to register a spamming account anymore. If someone wants to register, they can email me via the Contact form and I'll set it up manually. Hopefully this will make the whole site much more enjoyable!

Tom

#3 2014-09-02 13:23:30

waltdogg

Re: Spam posting

Might I suggest mass e-mailing the user list to let them know the forum was cleaned up and is functional again?

Ampeg VT-22 - Ampeg SVT-VR - Ampeg SVT 810

Board footer