Ampeg V4.com

forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-13 18:26:17

DogLord

Help me identify my V4!

Hi ya'll,

New to the forum here. Just picked up my first V4 a couple days ago after wanting one for quite some time. What I have looks a lot different than all of the V4s I've seen, though (in a few superficial ways). Here's a description:

No Ampeg logo ANYWHERE. Not on the grill or above the standby/polarity/power switches as per usual. Above the switches it just says "AMPEG V-4" in plain black type.

It also doesn't have the usual black outlining around the knobs and switches. It's totally blank other than type indicating what the respective knobs and switches are, etc.

Other than that it looks like a normal early 70s V4 to me. 2 channels, 6 knobs(2 vols, treb, mid, bass, reverb), 4 horizontal rocker switches in the usual places from -6 to 0 to +6.

The back has a serial number which is 13610. Also it has a "V4 MFR NO" above the serial, which is 1AP007.

I'd post a crappy cell phone pic if I knew how haha.

So does anyone have any info on this thing? Thanks for reading!

#2 2013-03-15 07:54:53

hangman
Banned

Re: Help me identify my V4!

I think you have it figured out.   It's a 70s v4.   You could take a look inside and get the manufacturers code off the hum balance pot (assuming it hasn't been replaced,  and that would give you a ballpark estimate on date of manufacture.

#3 2013-03-17 19:30:12

DogLord

Re: Help me identify my V4!

hangman wrote:

I think you have it figured out.   It's a 70s v4.   You could take a look inside and get the manufacturers code off the hum balance pot (assuming it hasn't been replaced,  and that would give you a ballpark estimate on date of manufacture.

Hey thanks for the reply. Haven't had the chance to take a deeper look yet but I see now that it was made in the Linden factory, so I'm assuming that means this thing was made around 70-71ish.

Board footer