Ampeg V4.com

forum

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » The Workshop
  •  » V4 broken white wire from reverb control to reverb board Help!

#1 2013-09-05 01:53:30

Dan56

V4 broken white wire from reverb control to reverb board Help!

Hello,

I just checked my amp after getting it back and the reverb was not working.  Opened it up and the white wire from the middle leg of the control pot broke off at the board for the small tubes.

I think I found where it connects, but I want to be sure.  Also, the ground of the wire is connected at the control board, but does not appear to have ever been connected at the other end.  Is this correct?

Looking at the board, standing at the back of the amp, I believe the wire broke off at the first solder point that is just south of the left mounting screw (the one to the front of the amp).  It's a stranded wire.  Looking at this spot on the board there is a numb of wire that looks like it is the broken end of the wire disconnected via magnifying glass.  There is a green cap that appears attached at this point.

I tried looking at the schematic, but it's hard to tell without lifting the board, and I don't want to take the chance of breaking off another wire.

If you can provide a picture or a discription, it would be much appreciated.

#2 2013-09-05 12:34:23

Dan56

Re: V4 broken white wire from reverb control to reverb board Help!

Never mind.  I was able to get it.  I have some video of the tone stack rebuild and happened to have this wire in some of it.  It was where I thought it attached.

Thanks for looking.

• Index
  •  » The Workshop
  •  » V4 broken white wire from reverb control to reverb board Help!

Board footer