Ampeg V4.com

forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-30 18:51:29

DarkSentinel

What is a fair price for 1979 V4 Cabinet?

I am contemplating selling my 1979 V4 speaker cabinet. The speakers are eminence. The speaker codes are 67-7903. The cabinet and speakers are working great. Smoke free environment. The tolex and grill looks a little rough but it is all original. I have seen the prices for these all over the place ranging from 800-900 to about 300. The rips in the tolex are in rear of cabinet and the grill had something written on it at some time but looks like it was scrubbed off at some point or something but is not very noticeable. I just had the cabinet open to view the serial of the speakers to date it and checked all parts are in good working condition. The cabinet sounds great however when I purchased it I was told it was a guitar cabinet. When I found out it was a bass cabinet I quit using it. I would like to see it go to someone who will appreciate it. That is why I am here. I want to give this community a chance at it before it goes on ebay. I live near Orlando, Fl and I don't want to have to ship it but will do so if price is sufficient. It is the 1979 V4 8ohm cabinet with eminence speakers. I have plenty of pics and original serial number still attached. Any ideas on a fair price or anyone interested please let me know. I am also open to the idea of a fair trsde.

#2 2014-04-30 19:45:20

hangman
Banned

Re: What is a fair price for 1979 V4 Cabinet?

I dunno who told you it was a bass cabinet,  but they are incorrect.

The v4b didn't come with a 4x12 although ampeg certainly didn't discourage it,  however they did suggest using the altec speakers when using bass.  So while the cabinet you are using can be used for bass,  it was intended for use with the v4.   
They are amazing cabinets the speakers are nothing to write home about,  but they are good quality.

Anyway...  Good luck with selling it if you do decide to still sell it.

#3 2014-05-01 02:52:11

DarkSentinel

Thanks for the info. Trying to figure out how to market the cabinet too. Glad to hear it is a guitar cabinet. Was a V4 cabinet in 1979 made as guitar cabinet or an instrument cabinet? It is difficult to get precise info on these even with the speaker serial numbers. Ampeg's website and also the eminence page info doesn't have archive info that goes back that far. I would like to include any official info to go along with the cabinet. The only reason there is even a rip in the rear of the tolex is because the last time I moved, I was taking it out of my trunk and and the trunk lip caught the tolex and ripped like 5 inches of it where it kinda just hangs. Should I glue it back on or use staples? I don't wanna send it out looking like that but I also do not want to devalue it any more. Thanks for the input,
       Sentinel.

#4 2014-05-01 18:26:13

hangman
Banned

I wouldn't sweat the tolex tear too much.   It's a used cab,  some people care,  some people don't.   If they care,  they know it is easy enough to fix.

#5 2014-05-09 20:24:10

charmicarmicat
Website

When I see them available, they're usually between $250 and $350. I'm actually in the market for one unless a V-2 cabinet shows up. In Gainesville, so if you're looking to avoid shipping, I'm your man. I have a VT-22 and a V-4 that I'm using with a newer Marshall cab, and it's way too bassy for me.

Board footer