Ampeg V4.com

forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-09 06:13:07

Dan56

My V2 Bottoms

Hello,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I put up a video looking at one of my V2 bottoms opened up.  I hope this helps remove some of the miss understanding about these cabs.  I figure it helps as reference material.  I have 2.  One I purchased brand new in 1972.  The other one (the main subject of the video) was just purchased a week ago.

I have always wanted 2, for that big stack/side by side image and sound.  I hope to get some video up of the sound of these two running together soon. Not sure where I would use such a rig now. I mean, everything is so small and powerful today.  But, gotta have the classic rig if you want the real classic sound and image. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTtyGMoN4JA

Please excuse the wind noise in the beginning.

#2 2012-09-15 15:06:46

Dan56

Re: My V2 Bottoms

I have posted the first video of the V4 with the 2 V2 cabs.  I go through the controls one at a time. at the end I take it up to 12 o'clock on the volume, but was interrupted when a friend stopped by.  I'll post the second video later.

I use my 78 Les Paul custom straigh into the amp, no effects, no attenuator.  I used my Q3HD at about 15 from the amp. 

BTW, I'm not a flashy player but I think you can get the ability of the setup.  In the second video I play with some harmonic feedbacks.  Nothing like doing it old school.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsec9MnPoUU

Thanks for looking.

#3 2012-09-20 14:00:31

Dan56

I have posted a video of just playing through this rig.  It is a continuation of the prior video so nothing has changed setup wise.  I try to play a few different pieces to show the range of the amp at the set volume of 12 o'clock.  I include some harmonic feedback near the beginning.   It's a long video so feel free to skip through it.  I start with All right now to a little I'm a Man (feedback).  I finish with it turned down to 9 o'clock playing a rhythym pattern I created in high school that I use as an exercise just so you can hear how clean it can reproduce full strummed chords at a good strum pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SnTxamwpOU

Thanks for looking.

#4 2012-09-25 19:33:56

nomorph

Hi Dan,

Great videos for those awesome bottoms you don't see a lot of those on the internet.
I have one that looks exactly like yours expect I had to replace all the speakers. Sounds great I play a V2 through it and a Marshall Studio 15.
I have put two legend gb12 on top and two legend 1258 at the bottom.

#5 2012-09-25 22:06:14

Dan56

Hi Nomorph,

Sounds like a good combination of speakers. 

I put these up exactly as you noted, there is little if anything on the net about the V2 bottom. What seems to be on the net about the V4 and V2 is often bass related.

They are great.  Unfortunately times have changed and thus the equipment so the opportunity to use them out at a gig is limited.  In fact, some young players I know (younger than me by 25 years) can't imagine using such equipment of this size. Then again, they couldn't imagine playing a tune for 30 minutes.

Thank you for checking them out.  You should do a video of your setup.

Board footer